E-mailing parents is part of our Green Schools and Digital Schools initiative. We would like to e-mail newsletters to parents/guardians instead of printing them. If you would be interested in receiving newsletters by e-mail please return your e-mail details to the school by emailing email@example.com or by phoning Ann in the office on Monday or Wednesdya mornings between 9.30 and 12. Go raibh maith agaibh!
Bord Bainistíochta/ Board of Management:
Cathaoirleach/ Chairperson: Mrs. Ann Ryan.
Baill Eile /Other members:
Iseult Mangan, John Lynskey, Geraldine Murphy, Peter Keaveney and Ann Steel
The Board of Management is responsible for the management of the School, for our Patron and the school community.
Múinteoir Tacaíocht Foghlama / Learning Support Teacher: Ms Antoinette Byrne.
Rúnaí na Scoile/ Secretary: Mrs. Ann Shally.
Rannphartaiocht Tuismitheoiri/ Parental Participation
- Help at home
- Each night your child will be assigned
- Maths at home – teaching maths eg, time, days, weight at every opportunity at home – children from Rang 2 should have watches.
- Positive attitude to school: Children will talk and think positively about learning and about the school if they hear their parent(s) do so.
- Help in school
- . Please make sure that you sign his/ her diary nightly.
- Attend meetings: In November there will be a meeting with your child’s teacher and follow-up meetings can be arranged if necessary.
- Visiting School: During the school year fun days are held and parents are encouraged to come along: Lá Spóirt (Sports Day), Grandparents Day, Lá Eolaíochta (Science Day) srl.
- Raise Funds
- Cairde – The school would like to set up a fundraising committee to hold at least one fundraiser every year and would greatly appreciate new ideas and people to volunteer in such a capacity.
- Help on school trips
- Through the school year classes go on field-trips. Parents may be invited to come along and assist the teachers supervising the students. The adequate supervision of children in Senior classes requires a basic fluency in Irish.
- Green School’s Committee
- This committee will be responsible for various initiatives in the area of environmental awareness and care. It has a key role in school planning in many related areas. We will call a meeting of interested parents in September.
The school day begins at 8.50 and finishes at 1.30 for infants and 2.30 for Rang 1- 6
Children should not be at school any earlier than 8.40 and should be collected at the correct time. School insurance does not cover children outside these times.
We have a text a parents system in the school. If you are not receiving them please contact us 093 48563. The school office can also be contacted by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Caidrimh sa scoil/ communications in school:
Faoi láthair, déanann an scoil chuile iarracht caidreamh maith a spreagadh i measc phobal na scoile.
Má bhíonn buairt faoi leith ag tuismitheoir, ba chóir na céimeanna seo a leanas a bheith tógtha:In situations where parents have a particular issue the following steps should be taken:
- Arrange a meeting with your child’s teacher to discuss the issue further.
- Ask for another meet to follow up.
- Discuss the issue with the school principal – it’s better to let the teacher know you’d like to do this.
- If the issue is still unresolved parents are able to discuss the issue with the school Chairperson and/or put the issue in writing to the Board of Management.
Cosaint Leanaí/ Child Protection:
- Glacann Scoil An Clocháin le na Treoirlínte Náisiúnta um Chosain agus Leas Leanaí agus na Treoirlínte agus Cur Chuige um Chaomhnú Páistí na Roinne Oideachais agus cuirtear iad i gcrích sa scoil.
- Úsáidtear acmhainní mar Bí Sábháilte chun scileanna na bpáistí a fhorbairt agus chun eolas a thabhairt dóibh faoi shábháilteacht pearsanta.
- Is í Iseult Mangan – Múinteoir Iseult an Duine Caidrimh Ainmnithe agus ní mór d’éinne a bhfuil buairt acu faoi leas pháistí é a chur ar an eolas.
- The School follows the National Child Protection Guidelines of the Department of Education and they are implemented in the school.
- Resources such as Stay Safe are used to develop children’s skills and to give information in relation to personal safety.
- Iseult Mangan- Múinteoir Iseult is the Designated Liaison Person and anyone who has a concern regarding any child’s welfare should inform him.
Éadaí Scoile / School Uniform
Plain Navy Jumper /Cardigan
Light Blue Shirt/polo shirt
Plain Navy skirt/trousers
Please ensure all jumpers/coats have your child’s name on it