We are now working on our 6th Green Flag – It is for Global Citizenship – Litter and Waste.
We are doing a global Awareness Survey to find out what people know and think about Issues relating to the work we are doing for Global Awareness.
We had meeting number 2 on the 19/10/2015
On the agenda we had
- Bug Hotel
- Recycled Halloween scarecrow
- Global Awareness survey
- daylighted walk and cycle to school
- change monitors
Our action plans were as follows:
- Bug hotel – designs were reviewed, it is now over to material gathering and construction for the bug hotel official opening next May.
- Reycled Halloween scarecrow – for tesco competition to be made this week – all materials to be sought at home and made up at school.
- Global Awareness Survey – to save paper we are going to do a google docs form and paste it here to gather our information needed.
- Daylighted walk/cycle to school – this Friday in Co Mayo all school children are being asked to wear reflective and glowing clothes to encourage people to be safe and be seen as the time is about to change.
- Monitors were changed. See board in school for update for November and December.
Our Global Awareness Survey 2015
We held our first meeting of our new committee on 27/08/2015, we welcome new members Anna, Mikey and Eva.
We discussed the Green flag no 6, the Ballinrobe show, The building of our bug hotel and arranged our monitors for electricity, water, litter and many other jobs.
We made some action plans and agreed on our rules and signed up.
Cloghans Hill NS has 5 Green flags!
We have been awarded our 5th Green Flag – the Biodiversity Green Flag!
Well done everybody!
We had Stephen Coen Captain of the All Ireland Winning Mayo Minor team come to raise our 4th green flag – The Green Flag for Travel!
Táimid ag obair i dtreo ár gceathrú brat ghlas i Scoil An Clocháin i mbliana! ‘Sé “Taisteal” an téama atá againn sa scoil anois.
Dé Luain tháinig Eva ón Green Schools go dtí ár scoil, Scoil An Clocháin. Bhailigh na páistí go léir i seomra Mrs. Mangan agus léigh muid scéal faoi taisteal. Tar éis an scéal bhí ceisteanna againn. Fuairmuid deich as a deich. Bhíamar ag foghlaim faoin truailliú as na caranna. Labhair muid faoi na bealaí a stopann muid car pool: mar sin beidh níos lú carranna ar an mbóthar! Bhíamar ag caint mar gheall ar ár WOW laethanta. Ar na laethanta sin bhíamar go léir ag siúl ar scoil.
le Tiernan agus Nóra as rang a 3.
Féach ar an suíomh seo chun na scéalta a fheicáil.
Fuaireamar seaicéid sofheicthe chun muid a choimeád sábháilte nuair a shiúlaimid ar scoil! Feicfidh chuile duine muid anois!! Bhuaigh Rang Mrs Mangan níos mó seaicéidí i gcomortás agus fuaireamar seaicéidí nuair a bhíamar i Rith 2012! Tá go leoir seaicéidí againn anois!
Súil ar scoil 21-25ú Bealtaine – Walk to School Week 21st – 25th of May 2012.
Walking bus starts at Tierneys Foxhall at 8.40am every morning. Dont forget to wear your reflective jackets and all parents are welcome to join us – a great start to your day, a fit and healthy walk!
We will have the results of our walkability audit posted during the week – see how many steps it is from the starting point to the school as well as how long it can take and what hazards we may meet en route!
Tá charr leictreach ag na Keavneys. Thóg Mr. Keavney an charr ar scoil lá amhain agus bhí ceacht iontach againn leis. Téann sé go Gaillimh sa charr gach lá. Tagann Nóra agus Caimin ar scoil sa charr gach lá.
The Keavneys have an electic car. Mr Keavney brought the car to school one day and we had a great lesson about it from him. He goes to Galway in it every day and Nora and Caimin come to school in it every day.